THE CATALYST AND THE PRAYER REQUEST
Because I was so blessed, healed, and freed by a forgiveness and freedom prayer approach that I’d not seen before, despite years as an active Christian and Holy-Spirit-loving prayer leader, I now feel called to help train and build a team to offer this kind of prayer to people throughout the areas where I spend time: the San Francisco Bay Area and the Mendocino-Sonoma Coast. I’d really appreciate your prayers for God’s will to be manifested in the calling and commitment of workers for this harvest of Freedom in Christ, especially as tomorrow, Saturday morning, July 23rd, I’ll be presenting an Overview of the Unbound model of healing and deliverance prayer.
Here are a few of the points and scriptures I’ll be sharing:
WHY TO SEEK FREEDOM IN CHRIST
Christ died to set us free. He came to defeat Satan, that we might not only have life, but have it to the full. It was for freedom that he set us free; there’s no good reason to reject that gift! And it doesn’t hurt – it heals!
HOW DOES ONE RECEIVE THIS FREEDOM?
Unbound prayer is based on the belief that the God can make a difference in a person’s life. In Unbound’s non-confrontational model of deliverance and healing prayer, the person receiving prayer opens their heart more fully to Jesus as the prayer minister leads him or her through the Five Keys of Unbound:
- Faith and Repentance – Repenting for sin and expressing faith in Jesus’s power to save
- Forgiveness – Extending forgiveness to oneself and others in the name of Jesus
- Renunciation – Renouncing the lies, spirits, and tactics of the adversary
- Authority – Taking authority in the name of Jesus over unclean spirits
- The Father’s Blessing – Receiving blessing as God sees you and loves you
SOME KEY SCRIPTURES
- John 10:10 – “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.”
- Galatians 5:1 (NIV) – “It is for freedom that Christ has set us free.”
- Matthew 10:8 (NIV) – “Heal the sick . . . drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.”
- Matthew 6:9-13 – The Lord’s Prayer
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
If you’re in the Bay Area, please come if you can! Here’s the MeetUp link. Even if you’re not local, please pray for others to hear and accept the invitation.
If you’d like to know more, check out my page on Unbound Ministry and (at the bottom of the page) download my ebook.
Also, I invite you to take a look at some publicity we received . . . although the reporter put in the wrong phone number, left out the time and specified the wrong room (it’s in the Aquinas Room from 10 to 12), and had a typo in the phone number . . . the article made the front page and it includes a lovely quote from my pastor, Fr. Michael Hurley, O.P.:
“Priests often hear the voice of pain and confusion in the course of their pastoral ministry. The Unbound movement is a pastoral approach to seeking freedom in Christ by way of a process of deliverance rooted in the sacraments, nourished by prayer and directed toward living in the vitality of the Spirit.”
Ministry to individuals will begin in San Francisco and Gualala after we have other members on our teams. If you’d like to be on the waiting list to receive prayer, please email me, understanding that I can’t currently minister to you individually during the team-building phase. I hope and pray to be able to do so very soon! God bless you!